The health and wellness of our guests, customers, and employees at Janey Lou’s is of most importance to us. While the nation deals with the COVID-19 outbreak we want to assure customers that we will continue normal operations. We are taking all the precautions and enforcing sanitary and hygiene procedures.
We are diligently following guidance and best practices from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) across our facility and delivery operations. Based on their counsel, we have proactively taken the following actions on-site:
- Actively encouraging sick employees to stay home:
- We have met with all employees and emphasized that if they show any signs of illness to STAY HOME.
- Modified our sick leave policy and have offered sick employees the option of receiving 2/3’s of regular pay, or using existing flex pay benefits, (100% of regular pay). We have also modified our flex pay program to allow employees who have used all of their existing flex pay to ‘borrow’ up to 14 days.
- Limiting/Restricting Entry
- We are limiting entry to the facility and offices to essential personnel only.
- Separating sick employees:
- Supervisors have been tasked with identifying any employees who are sick, and requesting they go home. They have option to return to work with doctor’s notice.
- Emphasize staying home when sick, respiratory etiquette and hand hygiene by all employees:
- We are placing posters at all points of entrance to emphasize staying home, covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing and proper hand hygiene.
- Added more hand washing stations and we are requiring any employee or visitor to wash hands immediately upon arrival.
- Delivery drivers with any cold or flu symptoms will be required to wait outside (in truck) while Janey Lou’s employee unload.
- We have assigned a hand washing supervisor; whose full-time job is to monitor and enforce hand washing policy.
- We have further emphasized the requirement that employees must wash hands (using correct techniques) whenever coming into the building. Including quick trips to car, using the restroom, and before and after any breaks.
- Perform routine environmental cleaning:
- Janey Lou’s has extensive cleaning and environmental procedures already in place.
- Advise employees before traveling to take certain steps:
- Domestic travel is being reviewed on a case by case basis.
- Additional Measures in Response to Currently Occurring Sporadic Importations of the COVID-19:
- Employees who are well but who have a sick family member at home with COVID-19 should notify their supervisor.
- If an employee is confirmed to have COVID-19, employers should inform fellow employees of their possible exposure to COVID-19 in the workplace but maintain confidentiality as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Our customer service team is available to answer any questions about your experience, work with you on the best delivery option, and provide more information on the many precautions we are taking to protect your health and safety.
While the environment around us is uncertain we take comfort in the fact that we have a world class team and a compassionate and loyal community of customers we stand ready to serve and hope that our team can be a source of support, inspiration, and solutions for you — because sometimes we all need a break from the news thank you for being a part of the Janey Lou’s family.
Let us know how we can help. Send your questions, or questions from your team, to email@example.com.
550 N John Glenn Rd – Salt Lake City – UT 84116